- Medium (best fit for women or teenagers)
22 cm long x 12 cm across x 7cm on the side (at the strings)
- Large (best fit for men)
25 cm long x 14 cm across x 7cm on the side (at the strings)
ABOUT THE MASKS:
1. Our masks are made up of 2 two layers of fabric (one is 100% cotton, the other is 70% cotton) + double layer of polypropylene filter with this layers we can remove from 60% to 90% of coronavirus sized particles.
2. Both surgical masks and DIY masks are generally recommended for reducing the spread to others, not for preventing being infected.
3. We are not health professionals nor professional mask producers.
4. This is not a surgical mask and don’t perform as well as they do, surgical masks can remove up to 80-90% coronavirus sized particles, however, data shows that DIY masks made with a single layer of cotton clothing can remove around 50-60% of virus-sized particles.
5. Having a mask doesn’t replace measures advised by governments and who.
HOW TO USE THE MASKS:
1. Insert filter layers in the pocket of the mask.
2. It is recommended not to wear the mask for a prolonged time (more than 3 hours). So it’s ideal for a quick run to buy groceries or if you will be in a place with a few people for a short time.
3. Washing: Sterilize the mask at minimum 60ºC after each time you use it. If you wash at home, boil some water and let it sit, then wash it with soap. *Polypropylene filters are washable, pm2.5 are not.
4. Having two masks so that you can alternate between them while one is being washed is recommended.
5. Follow the World’s Health Organization’s instructions on how to remove and handle masks.